- Must be a United States citizen or have Arizona Residency.
- Must be lawfully present in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Not under indictment or have not been convicted of a felony in the U.S. or elsewhere.
- Not convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.
- Not under court order (i.e. order of protection, harassment, etc.)
- Not a fugitive from justice.
- Not a user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
- Not been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
- Have never renounced U.S. citizenship.
- Do not suffer from mental illness and have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution.
- Have satisfactorily completed a DPS approved CCW Training Program (16 hours). Training must take place within Arizona.
a. Active duty Arizona Peace Officers Standards and Training Board certified or federally credentialed peace officers.
b. Honorably retired federal, state or local peace officers with a minimum of 10 years of service may obtain a permit without taking the firearms safety training program. c. DPS approved Firearms Safety Training Instructors may obtain a permit without taking the firearms safety training program.
- Concealed weapon permits may be renewed every four (4) years. All applicants for renewal, except DPS approved Firearms Safety Training Instructors, must successfully complete a DPS approved renewal training program (minimum of four (4) hours), no exceptions. Training must take place within Arizona.
NOTE: Individuals who were exempt from the 16-hour training for their initial Concealed Weapon Permit under paragraphs 12(a) or 12(b) MUST complete the 4-hour refresher course to renew their permit.
Fee – $ 50 – Concealed Weapon Permit or C.C.W. Permit Renewal (permit valid for 4 years)